High School Rowing Camp 2021
This summer rowing camp is an opportunity for high school rowers with at least one season of team rowing experience to continue their rowing development. If you’re new to the sport of rowing or are younger than high school age, please check out WBC’s Youth Learn-to-Row camps.
To increase participation and create a positive athlete experience emphasizing safety, respect, fun and the long-term physical, technical and social development of young men and women and their coaches
The Wyandotte Boat Club will be a safe, fun, positive, supportive and athlete-centered environment committed to healthy long-term athletic and personal development.
- Monday through Friday.
- Saturdays & Sundays off unless racing (TBD).
- 7 am – 9 am
- 1-2 strength training sessions per week (before or after rowing session)
- No afternoon practices.
- $400 ($350 early registration by 5/31)
- Dues will be paid prior to the start of the season.
- Additional regatta fee not to exceed $25 per athlete may be required.
- Financial aid available to those in need on a case by case basis.
Regattas (adjusted schedule per COVID restrictions)
- The goal is to maximize racing opportunities within Michigan and neighboring states if/when possible.
- Regattas will be added/approved when schedules are confirmed.
- Athletes/families will be responsible for arranging their own transportation.
- Due to COVID-19, all travel/regattas are subject to change or cancellation. Our season and regattas will be based on the best and most recent information.
- Attendance is expected.
- Athletes who expect to be successful will be prepared and will attend all practices and team functions (regattas, trailer loading, fundraisers, etc.).
- Absences will impact athlete selection opportunities.
- Absences may be excused on a case by case basis.
- Head Coach Scott Sitek
- Junior Women
- Scott Sitek
- Nicole Marek
- Junior Men
- Michael Sitek
Contact info and Additional materials
- Questions? Please contact head coach Scott Sitek via the Contact Form, category “Competitive Rowing”. Or see email and phone number on the registration form linked below.
- USRowing Waiver – please print, complete and bring to first practice
- Wyandotte Boat Club Rules and Regulations Handbook – please review and acknowledge on the registration form
To register for the camp, complete the online purchase and registration: