Youth Learn-to-Row 2021 Camps
Want to try something new this summer? Are you entering 6th – 12th grade next year? If so, Wyandotte Boat Club will teach you how to row at one of our Youth Learn-to-Row Camps!
No rowing experience is needed, the coaching staff will teach new rowers starting with the basics. But if you have experience from a prior year’s rowing camp, the coaches will group the experienced rowers so you can continue to develop your skills.
There are many benefits to rowing, one of the country’s fastest growing high school and collegiate sports! The Wyandotte Boat Club Youth Summer Rowing Camp provides a safe and fun opportunity to learn how to row.
During each two week session, campers will learn proper rowing technique with their friends. They will learn the basics using Concept2 Indoor Rowers and indoor tanks and spend most of the time developing their skills while rowing on the Detroit River.
In addition to learning how to row, campers will learn the importance of dedication, hard work, teamwork as well as lifelong health and wellness.
There will be three camp sessions for 2021:
|Session #||Session Dates||Registration Deadline|
|1||June 21 – July 2||June 17|
|2||July 12 – July 23||July 8|
|3||August 2 – August 13||July 29|
- Each session is held 9am-11am Monday – Friday for two weeks, for a total of 10 days.
- You can join any individual session, or any combination of two sessions, or all three sessions!
- Each two-week session provides instruction, equipment, a camp t-shirt, and a picnic on the last day.
Creating a safe environment to enjoy the sport of rowing is our top priority. Please be aware of WBC’s safety protocols as well as your responsibilities:
- Each rower will need to provide a completed participant waiver.
- Rowers must be competent swimmers, or speak to the camp coaching staff about current swimming abilities and camp options.
- Each session will start with a review of rowing safety procedures developed by the USRowing organization.
- COVID-19 protocols: WBC and its coaches will follow all health department directions that are in effect during the camps. We will have updated details as the camp sessions get closer. But please anticipate the possibility of requirements such as rowers wearing masks at all times during the camps.
- Rowing on the water will always be accompanied by a motorized coaching launch staffed by WBC coaches
- All WBC coaches are certified in CPR and First Aid
- Pricing for the first rower from a household:
- Single session, cost is $150
- Pre-pay for two sessions, total cost is $275 ($25 discount)
- Pre-pay for all three sessions, total cost is $375 ($75 discount)
- If multiple rowers from the same household attend the same camp, each additional rower gets a discount of $25/session. Pricing for additional rowers from the same household:
- Single session, cost is $125
- Pre-pay for two sessions, total cost is $225
- Pre-pay for all three sessions, total cost is $300
Further details and questions:
- If you have any questions, please use the WBC contact form and select “youth learn to row”. Or see the contact information on the registration form linked below.
To register for the camp, complete the online purchase and registration: