Masters Fall 2023
$275.00 – $355.00
If you are new to Masters rowing, please review the Masters overview to be sure it is a good fit for you.
Please complete the registration form and payment to join the Masters training session running from August 19 – November 2, 2023. Please scroll down to the “Description” section below for program details.
This program provides the following training schedule, running from August 19th to November 2nd 2023 and excluding regatta dates and adjacent days:
- First practice: Saturday August 19th at 8am
- Weekday Evenings 6:00pm on each Monday and Wednesday. If a Monday or Wednesday is cancelled, there will be a practice on Thursday.
- Saturdays 8:00am.
Note that sunset will get very early as we get into mid / late October. This may require weekday practice times moving earlier, or even going to a land-based training for the last couple weeks of the season.
On days where sessions are not held on-water due to weather, indoor training will be available (ergs and weights). There may be other team opportunities for land-based training for those looking to exercise more than 3 days per week.
- As indicated in the main Masters Rowing page, rowers must have the necessary skill and fitness to participate in the workouts. Please speak with the coach if you have any questions.
- Rowers must attend workouts regularly. Vacations, work and family-related absences, etc. are understood and not a problem, but please communicate any expected absences to the coach.
- Rowers must indicate interest and availability in team regattas as planning progresses. Late changes affect team training plans. Rowers may be responsible for fees if there is a change in plans after entries are submitted (medical emergencies excluded).
- Training fee is $275
- Note that the base session training fee does not include receiving a new team jersey. A jersey is needed for regatta participation. Please choose the optional jersey purchase if you would like a new WBC team jersey.
- All rowers must have a current WBC membership. You can optionally pay online as part of this registration. You can also renew your membership at the WBC bar, or mail your renewal to WBC.
- Regatta fees are not included in the registration price. All regatta fees will be determined based on regatta participation costs.
Tentative regatta schedule:
We’ve only had early discussions on regattas, there are many more than listed, we need to get a sense of team interest to plan further. Below are a few regattas that have early team interest.
Training fee ($275)
No Jersey, Include Jersey ($40)
My membership is current, Paying standard membership fee ($40), Paying retiree membership fee ($25)