WBC Junior Development Rowing
The goal of the Junior Development team is to provide a fun, and educational, environment for athletes to develop their rowing
abilities by rowing 3 days a week and focusing primarily on small boat training.
The Development team will not compete in any regattas, but instead work on building technical proficiency throughout the summer. All athletes will be exposed to sculling and will have the opportunity to train in singles, doubles, pairs, and quads with the methodology being that small boats will help make the big boats faster.
Alternate Program Notes:
If you are an experienced high school rower and you are looking for a competitive training and racing opportunity, please visit the Competitive Rowing Page.
- A current high school student, and continuing high school in the fall.
- Have at least one year of competitive rowing, or equivalent experience approved by team coaches.
- Kickoff meeting: Wednesday May 24th at either 4:30pm or 5:30pm
- First practice: Tuesday June 20th, 3pm
- Final practice: Saturday July 29th, 9am
- Practice times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3pm-5pm
- Saturdays 9am-11am
Program Cost and Registration:
- Cost is $150, which includes all the above listed training.
- To register, please use the online registration link below.
Additional Details and Questions:
- For additional information, including program coaches and staff, please review the Summer 2023 program flier.
- Wyandotte Boat Club Rules and Regulations Handbook – please review and acknowledge on the registration form
- If you have any questions, be sure to attend the summer kickoff meeting on May 24th. Or for any immediate questions please use the contact form, category “Competitive Rowing”.