WBC Summer Competitive Rowing
WBC has competitive summer and fall rowing programs for all experienced rowers who want the challenge of racing and extensive training in both sculling and sweep boats.
WBC’s unparalleled combination of an experienced coaching staff, many miles of water to row, extensive rowing equipment and great training facilities offer terrific opportunities to improve your skills and fitness.
Summer 2019 Kickoff Meeting will be on Tuesday June 4th at 6pm.
Key program documents:
- WBC Summer 2019 handout (New!)
- WBC Summer 2019 online registration form
- 2019 Waiver
- WBC Rowing Rules (for reference when signing “Oarsperson Contract” field of registration form)
Summer 2019 Junior Program Highlights:
- Session 1 (June 8-29): A great way to try out club rowing – for one low cost of $175 you get three full weeks of training, a camp tank top, and travel to a regatta. All regatta and travel expenses are included in the fee!
- Session 2 (July 1 – July 20): Open to all junior rowers. Continue Session 1’s training, typically 7 on-water practices per week along with land training. Training fee for session 2 is $150; travel regattas will have additional fees.
- Henley Training Camp (July 21 – August 11): This is a highly selective racing opportunity to attend the most competitive summer regatta in North America; the coaches will recruit very successful rowers from the Competitive squad to participate. Henley Camp will have additional training and regatta expenses.
- Sculling Camp (July 21 – August 3): For those who are not selected for Henley racing, WBC is offering a two-week sculling camp to continue your training with a sculling focus. Open to all experienced junior and U23 rowers, even if you did not row during the other summer sessions (but spots are limited).
If you have any questions, be sure to attend the summer kickoff meeting on June 4th. Or for any immediate questions please use the contact form.