WBC is hosting a USRowing Level-2 coaching clinic on February 11th and 12th. Please see below, and go to the provided links, to get the details needed to sign up and prepare for the course.
- Day 1: Saturday February 11th, 12pm-5pm
- Day 2: Sunday February 12th, 8am-5pm
- Instructor: Coach John Davis. Coach Davis is a former Stanford coach and is currently the head coach of the Minneapolis Rowing Club. He has been teaching USRowing Level 1 and 2 clinics for 13 years.
- Location: Second floor lounge of Wyandotte Boat Club, 1 Pine St, Wyandotte MI 48192.
- Cost: $250, plus students must be a current “Champion”-level member of USRowing. Course fee is due at the start of the course, payable via check, Mastercard or Visa.
- Registration: Register at Regatta Central. Following your registration you will be sent links to the manual and other information. Registration closes Monday January 23rd.
- Course Preparation: Coaching manuals must be read, activities listed in the manual completed, and other materials must be reviewed prior to the clinic. When you register you will get the link to the online manuals. You will receive a paper copy when you arrive at the clinic.
Note that this course has recently been modified to provide more content with a more practical focus. If you have some familiarity with the prior course structure, there have been quite a few changes! To understand all of the course requirements please read the USRowing Level 2 Overview.
Lastly, if you are traveling to attend the course, our suggestion for a convenient hotel with good reviews is the Hampton Inn Southgate.
For more information, please see the USRowing posting for WBC’s Level 2 clinic: http://www.usrowing.org/event/level-2-coaching-clinic-wyandotte-mi-2/. If you have any questions about WBC’s facilities for the course or questions about the Wyandotte area, please use the Contact WBC form.