WBC has competitive summer and fall rowing programs for all experienced rowers who want the challenge of racing and extensive training in both sculling and sweep boats.
WBC’s unparalleled combination of an experienced coaching staff, many miles of water to row, extensive rowing equipment and great training facilities offer terrific opportunities to improve your skills and fitness.
Summer 2017 Kickoff Meeting will be on Tuesday June 6th at 6pm.
Key program documents:
- Registration form
- WBC Rowing Rules (for reference when signing “Oarsperson Contract” field of registration form)
- WBC Summer 2017 kickoff-meeting handout (new! 6/7)
Summer 2017 Junior Program Highlights:
Update 6/7, Junior practice schedule (note: coaches may change individual workouts due to weather or training plans):
- Girls practice schedule:
- On-water practices start Monday 6/12. Morning practices will be 5am to 7am for the first two weeks. We will then go from 6am to 8am. Saturdays for the girls practice will be the same time. They will be technique based and not pushed as mandatory but highly encouraged for varsity participation.
- Afternoons so far are planned from 5-7pm but may change later due to scheduling conflicts.
- Boys practice schedule:
- On-water practices start Monday 6/12. Morning practices will be 5am to 7am for the first two weeks and 5:30 to 7:30 thereafter.
- Afternoons practices start Monday 6/12 as well, 6pm-8pm.
- Two week summer kickoff camp (June 12-24) is a great way to try out club rowing – for one low cost of $125 you get two full weeks of training, a camp tank top, and travel to a regatta finale. All regatta and travel expenses are included in the camp fee!
- Main season (June 26 – July 30): Open to all junior rowers. Continue camp-level training, typically 6 days per week of morning on-water training along with afternoon land training. Coaches select Varsity and JV boatings for each regatta.
- Varsity boats: Compete in at least two additional regattas, finishing at the Ontario Championships (Welland). Training fee is $150; regatta expenses will be extra.
- JV boats: Compete in at least one additional regatta, finishing at the Michigan Invitational (Ann Arbor). Training fee is $150; regatta expenses will be extra.
- Henley Training Camp (July 31 – August 13): This is a highly selective racing opportunity to attend the most competitive summer regatta in North America; the coaches will recruit very successful rowers from the Competitive squad to participate. Henley Camp will have additional training and regatta expenses.
If you have any questions, be sure to attend the summer kickoff meeting on June 6th. Or for any immediate questions please use the contact form.